Friday, September 18, 2009

How to start filling the empty nest.

Good morning!
It is 5:49 am here in the midwest and I can't sleep! I'm unemployed and have no schedule to keep and I wake up so early! I'd be okay if my brain stayed asleep but once it kicks in and starts thinking about things forget it! I have already put in a load of laundry, folded a load and watched an old rerun of the Andy Griffith show! Now tell me I don't know how to have a good time!
What do we do now that the nest is empty? Being at home 24/7 you would think my house would be spotless, a good meal on the table and me twirling around like June Cleaver. I hate to bust your bubbles but I am more like Roseanne Conner!
I work better under chaos. If I have plenty of time and don't have a deadline, I am not very motivated. I tend to have the attitude, "Oh, it will be there tomorrow". Not a good practice but I am working on it. I have cooked two nights in a row, thank you very much! Okay, so most of it comes out of a box and isn't from scratch. If it involves more than 3 steps, that's home cooking to me!
I would really like to find a legit 'work from home job. I can't tell the scams from the good ones. I don't care if it's stuffing envelopes or folding flyers. The less brain activity the better! This is the time in my llfe where I am supposed to "find" myself. I'm lucky if I can find my keys or the remote let alone my purpose in life.
My daughter is very thoughtful though and is trying to help me with my empty nest. She has unselfishly offered any of her little birds at any time to help me with my loneliness. Isn't she a trooper? I am fortunate to have all 5 of my grandkids close to me. Four of them are just across the field and one is just a few miles away. We all live in the same town, just sort of spread out.
The 8 year old and 5 year old are playing soccer this year so I have thier games to look forward to. They are both in school (Second grade and pre-K) so there are school activities to attend.
Now I just need you all to help me figure out what I am supposed to do when the grandkids aren't around and the housework is caught up. (Well, as caught up as I ever get!)

Until next time,
Love and Hugs!
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment